This post may contain affiliate links
The one problem that I hear the most from bloggers is “How do I increase my blog ad revenue?” With blogs largely taking the place of newspapers and advertisers buying up ad space on blogging websites, everyone wants to make more money from their blog. There are 5 things you can do that will 10X your blog income. In this post I will share the 5 things that grew my blog by 10X.
- Start using Clickfunnels for selling your digital products.
- Creat Video landing pages with opt-ins for your top producing affiliate products.
- Make weekly Youtube videos for your channel.
- Schedule 25 pins a day through the Tailwind Pinterest scheduler.
- Email your list daily with valuable content they are looking for.
Please support my awesome sponsors links and ads, they are the best of the best that I personally use and recommend. By using their links, I can continue to bring you the most valuable helpful content without membership fees. When you purchase from them, I receive a small royalty at no extra cost to you.
1) Join Clickfunnels.com and build your funnel
- For the last year I have heard how great Clickfunnels is and the amazing results other affiliate marketers were getting. I didn’t see any reason to change what I was doing since my funnels I built were doing pretty well.
- Then I read Russell Brunsons first two New York Times Bestsellers Dotcom Secrets and Expert Secrets. Click on the previous links to get your FREE copies.
- In their he talked about how he used upsells and downsells in his funnels to raise the average value of each customer. Basically, instead of losing money to get a customer he is making money!
- By doing this instead of losing money on advertising, he could outspend his competitors and win their customers! It was a brilliant cutting edge idea that I had to try out for myself.
- I didn’t have any digital products of my own, but I did offer mastermind coaching services. At the time I had a page offering those services and if someone was interested they would click on a button and they would be taken to a landing page with a video and then to a main sales checkout page.
- Both of Russell’s books opened my eyes on how to make serious money no matter what my business model was. I recommend both of those books if you are serious about making money with your blog.
The whole idea behind Russell Brunsons Clickfunnels was to give something away for free and then after they input their information they are taken to a series of pages with different offers at greatly reduced prices. You want to make it too good for them to pass up by giving them a sense of urgency and scarcity.
With these new upsell and downsell pages in place, an amazing 30% of people were purchasing one of them. Where before I didn’t have those offers at all, so it was all extra income.
The best part was that I got a new customer out of it and I can continue selling to them in the future. After all they already purchased from me once and if they buy once then they will buy again if I provide them value and treat them right.
2) Create Landing Pages with Video
The whole idea here is to create a personal video where you talk about all the amazing benefits of A2 for example. Make it just a short two minute video where you earn their trust and underneath the video place 2 testimonials
The reason Youtube is so effective is Video sells! By having a video, it will double your conversion rate versus just sending them to the sales page. By the time they watch your video and you have overcome all their objections, when they click over to the sales page, they are ready to buy with credit card in hand.
3) Make Weekly Youtube Videos for Your Channel
Youtube has largely replaced television for a lot of people especially millennials. You need to go where the customers are and they are on Youtube.
You will attract potentially thousands of new readers and email subscribers to you by just posting a weekly video talking about hot topics in your blog niche or industry.
Focus on giving them tremendous value and overdeliver with information and gratitude. In return, you will have a Tribe of loyal customers and supporters.
4) Use Tailwind to Schedule 25 Pinterest Pins a Day
Pinterest has always been a mystery to me like a foreign language. I didn’t understand anything beyond how to create a pin. Because of its massive numbers it sends to other bloggers, it got my attention.
For months I tried creating pins in hopes of getting thousands of new people to my blog. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen the way I hoped it would. By reading other bloggers posts about Pinterest and how they get massive amounts of traffic every month, I learned about a online tool called Tailwind.
What it does is schedule your pins everyday, which is nice but the best part is a feature called Tribes. What they are is large groups of other bloggers who in exchange for sharing their content, they share my pins in return.
How it works is you find a group or tribe and apply to join it. When accepted, you pin to this Tribe and then find at least two other bloggers pins and pin that to your Pinterest boards.
It really is an amazing tool! Not only do you get your pins exposed to thousands of other people but you get to pin awesome content right to your boards. The effect is exponential, if you pin 25 times you can expect a 10X effect.
This is one technique that is used to get 10X traffic through your blog which just by itself will 10X your revenue. Sign up for Tailwinds 30 day free trial and see how effectie it is. If you decide not to join, you still can use the Tribes for free!
Email Your List Daily with Valuable Content
The term “The Money is in The List” is so true!
We work very hard at getting readers to sign up using our opt-in form. This gives us an open line of communication between us and thousands of future customers.
My subscribers are my most loyal readers, they are constantly hungry for the latest information that can help them in their blog or online business.
The email service provider I use and recommend is Getresponse, they have the best live 24/7 customer support, have a 99% email deliverability rate and offer free landing page and forms. Click here for their $15 a month rate after a free 30 day trial.
Sending our subscribers valuable content in the form of a newsletter is called “Content Marketing.” By doing this we are providing a valuable service that keeps them engaged and looking forward to your next email.
Embedded in each email is our affiliate links to products or online programs that we use and recommend. If it is something that will benefit their business then they will click on the link and buy it.
This is where a lot of bloggers drop the ball, they aren’t emailing their list and wonder why they aren’t making any money with their blog.
The bloggers I talk to say their biggest regret is not starting to build their email list sooner! Even if you haven’t started building your list, it’s not too late. There is no time like the present to take massive action!
How to Monetize Your Blog with Less Than 1000 subscribers
The hardest time to grow my blog was when I had less than 1000 subscribers. In fact, I only had 300 when I started putting these 5 steps into action.
Someone I have tons of respect for and is a marketing guru is Neil Patel.
In his article: 8 Powerful Ways to Monetize a Blog That Generates Under 1,000 Visitors Per Day he says:
“Can you really make money from blogging?
If your blog gets over 10,000 monthly unique visitors, then yes – it’s relatively easy to monetize and create a nice revenue stream with it.
The real challenge is making money from a blog that generates fewer than 1,000 visitors per day.
I know that most of my readers have blogs that fall into this category. When I speak to an audience, I usually ask them how much traffic their blogs generate.
The answers aren’t always impressive.
Just as in life, there are different stages to a blog’s life cycle. You can’t compare your new blog to one that’s been around for years.
Truth be told: “It takes time to build an income from blogging.”
The 8 ways he talks about are listed below:
1. Offer a coaching service to motivated clients
2. Become an in-demand freelance blogger
3. Create and sell online courses
4. Write and make money from Kindle books
5. Make money from private label rights
6. Create a high-converting funnel and recommend products at the backend
7. Build relationships & partner with influencers in product creation/launch
8. Launch a virtual summit
Using these very actionable 5 steps, you can 10X your blog ad revenue the exact same way I did with mine. Commit to a 30 day action plan to implement these changes and you will see your blog traffic and revenue multiply.
For me, I had to commit to learning and stepping way out of my comfort zone.
Success can be defined by one word G-R-O-W-T-H everyday during this process I asked myself “What am I going to do to grow my business today?”
Little steps and changes might not seem that huge but you multiply that by 52 weeks and you will be amazed at your progress before you are half way through…I promise!
In addition to those 5 steps I would add a step zero to it, which is schedule a time of one hour every day to reading Russell Brunson’s two books Dotcom Secrets and Expert Secrets.
In those books he teaches you step by step, how to implement the Sales Funnel and email marketing secrets he has used for over 15 years. I have learned so much from those two books, Russell is truly a genius and pioneer in internet marketing.
Now you are ready to 10x your blog revenue
I would love to hear your comments on these five steps and if you would add any more things to the list that would help others grow their blog. Please leave your comments below…let’s start the conversation…
I hope you enjoyed this article and if you got some value from it… please like, share and leave a comment below. It truly is a great way for one person to make a difference. This is my passion and it is my pleasure to bring you information that can transform your life.
Latest posts by Ryan Mather (see all)
- 3 Mistakes I Made as a Newbie Affiliate Marketer - January 16, 2019
- Facebook Ad 5 Commandments - January 16, 2019
- How to Save 40% of Your Income with Savings Calculator - January 7, 2019